Monday, August 9, 2010

Building instead of Buying? Are U Crazy?

This was the reaction we got from our friends when we first announced that we have decided to work with a builder to build a house rather than go with the conventional way of buying an existing house.


Are we crazy? Maybe. But I would say this, the experience has been great so far. Mind you, I said "great" not "smooth". Building is not for everyone, but for those, who have the persistence, patience and perseverance, it can be fun. I think it is the way to go if you want a new house and you want to have a some say about how it’s configured. You would also have a lot of control over interior trimmings and optional items.

In the next few posts, I plan to share our experience about the whole building process from acquiring a lot, to getting the financing in order, to choosing a builder, to selecting floor plans and layouts, to selecting optional items, to dealing with other vendors, etc.

My objective is to document the process as we are going through it so that we can share it with our friends, relatives and anyone else that might be interested. We hope someone, somewhere will find this useful and will share with us suggestions/comments/questions.

I am very exciting about this phase of our lives right now, and I hope at the end of this process, I will write my final blog and say what a great and fun experience it has been.

Thank you
Crazy SN

No comments:

Post a Comment